Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Rambling

I got the front and back panels for Mindless' dress cut out last night. Today I'm going to try to get the side ones done and I'll hopefully be done by tonight. I'm excited. I haven't made a, successful, human sized item in a while. I've missed the process of creating something like that. I'm not great at sewing, but I love doing it nonetheless. I hope to improve and maybe someday I can make things for other people. Perhaps as a way of earning money. (Too bad I'm not that good already. It could have been a good means for earning the money I need for Moot.)

On that note... Moot is coming up fast. I mean, okay, it's four months away. But that's for months to raise around $600! It's only $350 for Moot, but I'm probably going to need plane tickets since I doubt I can get a ride. *sighs* I really, really want to go... but it's seeming unlikely. With my dad making as little as he is it's not like my parents can afford to really contribute at all and since I don't have a job it's going to be really difficult to earn up the money myself. I can start babysitting again... but my only hope is that maybe some of my relatives can help me out by contributing twenty dollars or so apiece... But I feel so guilty asking for money. :oops: I want to go so badly, though. I mean... Writing is what I want to do with my life and Moot is a writing conference. A CHRISTIAN writing conference. And one hosted and attended by people I know, like, and trust. I've been wanting to go to something like this for years... I hate the fact that I may have to miss it... I just hope that maybe God will provide... If you feel led to, please pray for that. That God will provide the means for me to attend. I think it would be good for me... Maybe it would help.

Right now I'm kind of worried about a few things. Prayer would be nice, though it's nothing drastic.

Anyway, I've rambled long enough.

TTFN, ART.

4 comments:

Maddy said...

Praying for you, Daer. :) If not this year for the Moot--there's always next year! I would love to meet you!

Oo! Will you take pictures of the completed dress? I love to look at those kind of things. :6:

Blire Daeriel said...

Thanks. :)

And yes, I already have to by Warrior's request. :P

ambersun said...

Hi again

A Christian writing conference - wow that would be so great! I have written a Christian novel and it would be wonderful to get feedback.

As for the dress - would love to see it too. I have neurological damage and so I see everything crookedly - therefore I can't sew so anything you come up with I'll think its just great.

You are in my prayers.

God Bless

Amber

Christina said...

Daer,

Don't worry if you can't go this year. There will always be next year. I can't imagine that CP is going to stop having Moots after this summer! I understand how you feel though, I wanted to go two summers ago soo much, but I was not able to because of the money. I hope to go next summer though! Anyway, just remember to look forward to next year if you can't this time.

So, be encouraged, and get on with that dress! I hope to see it finished soon!

~Raquel